Sega's Big 'Surprising' Title Twist in the Works

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

I've been seeing some hints that it is going to be Shenmue, maybe its a coincidence but there is one in Virtua Fighter 5 when you are playing in Quest mode, when you are fighting 9th Dan ranking Pai in Club Sega Bay Area, the fighter goes by the name "Shen Fa" (sounds like Shenhua) and her tagline reads "The Tree will Blossom Again". Most Shenmue fans would get what that mean...you know...the tree...from the ending...of the second game *nudge nudge*.

I am trying not to get way too hype up about it, because I might end up disappointed if they don't announce it then it's another year of disappointment, I can't give up Shenmue.
Daigr
24-bit

Post by Daigr »

Go to sega.com they have a poll up now

"Which SEGA game/character would you like to see return?"

Nights
Streets of Rage
Samba de Amigo
Virtua Cop
Flicky

Um flicky?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Daigr wrote:Go to sega.com they have a poll up now

Nights
Streets of Rage
Samba de Amigo
Virtua Cop
Flicky

Um flicky?

I'm right with you buddy:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2007/03/ ... -your.html
sv650touring
16-bit

NiGHTS is the only answer

Post by sv650touring »

Let's be clear on something. Sega SHOULD make a version of NiGHTS that takes all of the enhancements of Christmas NiGHTS, and all of the levels from original NiGHTS. And stop right there. Give us what they should have given us 10 years ago. Saturn-level sound and graphics wouldn't bother me at all if I could just have the FULL NiGHTS. It could be a hidden/unlockable inside of a modernized NiGHTS. Hell, I'd want it even if it were an unlockable in a My Little Pony game. Either way, I would buy the console and the game the moment it came out - US or Import. The key here is not messing with the gameplay, sounds, or style of the graphics. Just a little polish, maybe some extra content. If they can't do it right, I'd prefer they didn't damage the franchise with some blah game.

A new NiGHTS controller would be nice too.
vbt
16-bit

Post by vbt »

racketboy wrote:
Daigr wrote:Go to sega.com they have a poll up now

Nights
Streets of Rage
Samba de Amigo
Virtua Cop
Flicky

Um flicky?

I'm right with you buddy:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2007/03/ ... -your.html

vote submitted for Nights :)
vbt
16-bit

Post by vbt »

Q entertainment is speaking about a big sequel that could be done with SEGA. Maybe it could be the game we are talking about ?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/771/771304p1.html
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

vbt wrote:Q entertainment is speaking about a big sequel that could be done with SEGA. Maybe it could be the game we are talking about ?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/771/771304p1.html

A new high-def Rez and Space Channel 5 would OWN.
As long as its not on the PS3
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

I agree with Perseid. Yuji Naka thought it would be pointless to make another NiGHTS game, and I don't see how we could argue with The Man.

It's the same thing for Rez and Power Stone, just slightly different. I wouldn't want to play sequels to any of these games because the gameplay of the originals were great. It would cost ALOT more money to play the new iterations which are mainly graphical updates.
Perseid
32-bit

Post by Perseid »

Ooh, a Space Channel 5 part 3 would make me all squishy inside. Though given Sega of America's relationship with that franchise, we'd have to sacrifice goats to get a US version even if they did make it in Japan.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Power Stone is putre Capcom -- not Sega