SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
gameofyou

Sega Saturn USB Game-save transfer

by gameofyou Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:49 pm

Hello all,

I just wanted everyone to know that I have recently started selling a device which allows game-save transfers between a Saturn and a PC (via USB). You can also download (& run) homebrew games with this device. If anyone would like further info, you can visit my site: http://www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

:)
sv650touring
16-bit

Very neat.

by sv650touring Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:07 pm

This is neat, no doubt.

But if I were going to plunk down $50 on a device to connect my Action Replay via USB, I would also like the ability to enter cheat codes from the PC, which would make it about a million times faster than with a controller. Also, that same COMMS port is on some PSX Action Replay devices.

It seems like your hardware would be up to the task, but are there any plans to write software to add the features I mentioned? I'd ask about Mac compatibility, but you're already aiming at a pretty small slice of the market.

Good luck with the product. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
gameofyou

by gameofyou Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:55 am

That is a perfectly legitimate opinion. This device definately is not for everyone! I know that for me, it was worth the hundreds of dollars of development cost (compilers, chip programmer, pcb setup fees) just to get my game-saves transferred. However, this is because I had previously lost 10 years of game-saves when my ARP cart died :)

After getting the game-saves working, I then added the capability to download homebrew games, and then to download the Saturn Bios. These updates were done by merely updating the PC software (which can then be downloaded from my web page).

To add the capability to transfer game codes, I think would also only involve a PC software updae (but I'm not positive). I would like to add this feature (and others) in the future. However, I do not list these future updates on my web page, because I am doing this work in my spare time and I don't want to make promises that I can't keep.

Thanks for the interest.
gameofyou

by gameofyou Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:56 pm

I can now offer a kit version of the Saturn USB DataLink device. For those who want to save a few bucks (and are capable of soldering), this option is now available. Also, you may now buy a DataLink without the plastic enclosure, for a lower price. More info is available on my web page: http://www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com
Return to Sega