virtual on

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

virtual on

Post by grittykitty »

nice review racket! you forgot to mention affordability though! not sure how easy it is to find in the states right now, but virtual on is pretty common in japan - i'd say a 9 on affordability on these shores.

last year i went to a nearby arcade near my small-town outskirts of houston, and they had the virtual on arcade unit! i played head to head with my friend and it was quite fun, but being the first time i had difficulty using the twin sticks. i've managed to score a set of the sticks for saturn here in osaka, so i'll be able to test them out back at home and hopefully build up some practice for the arcade :wink:
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

crap! I guess I was too excited to get it posted.
I'll have to add the afforability soon...
lunar
24-bit

Post by lunar »

Its a fun game, I never really got into the single player but its a lot of fun in 2 player (especially with someone at a same level).
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

I think Virtual On was one of my first Saturn games. It's really stuck with me, it's usually the game that I mention when talking about Saturn to others. I just played it again, and it's just as fun as I thought. I played my friend and kicked his ass, then tried single player and got my ass kicked by Dorkas's big spiky ball. Anyways, that's a great game, and I'd really like to get my hands on a set of twin sticks. Does anyone know another game that uses them? Probably aren't any, but just wondering.

While we're on the subject, I'd like the mention how much I love Sega for their dedication to strange controllers only usable in 1-2 games :).
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

i have at least one gundam game (the 3d sim) that says in the manual that it can use the twin sticks. so i would guess all the other gundam games would use them too (and believe me, there's a lot!)
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Rad, I'll check those out.

Thanks, pal