SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
slowslow325
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by slowslow325 Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Is there a reason nobody seems to be enforcing this rule very strictly? I always want to say something, but don't want to backseat mod like that. I'm just worried that everyone's going to start ignoring this rule completely and one of this forums greatest aspects for me will be gone.

racketboy wrote:H. Signatures Restrictions
Please keep signatures to less than four lines of text (at 1024 resolution).. If images are used in a signature, they should be smaller than 15KB and no more than 70 pixels high. Only exceptions are common signature banners from services like XBL or PSN.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 19635
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by Ack Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:13 pm

slowslow325 wrote:Is there a reason nobody seems to be enforcing this rule very strictly? I always want to say something, but don't want to backseat mod like that. I'm just worried that everyone's going to start ignoring this rule completely and one of this forums greatest aspects for me will be gone.

racketboy wrote:H. Signatures Restrictions
Please keep signatures to less than four lines of text (at 1024 resolution).. If images are used in a signature, they should be smaller than 15KB and no more than 70 pixels high. Only exceptions are common signature banners from services like XBL or PSN.


Actually this is something that we usually let slide unless a) it's obviously much larger than that, or b) someone complains. So if you have a specific member in mind, inform a moderator and it will be dealt with.
Image
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 36133
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by noiseredux Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:16 pm

in the past, if someone's sig was obnoxiously too large, I've dealt with it one-on-one. I've just PM'd the member and explained that it can screw up formatting on other people's displays. And all was cool once they realized and resized. No big deal.
AppleQueso wrote:The thing you need to realize is that eventually Noise will do everything, especially all those things he said he'd not do.

Image
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11790
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by CRTGAMER Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:37 pm

At least the signatures here don't have HUGE animated movie gif files. Over at ASSEMbler forums, its a problem with a few posts. Especially when you get three or four replies with the same movie pic hogging all the bandwidth.

I ended up posting a thread with an advisory poll over there.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
Flake
Moderator
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by Flake Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:At least the signatures here don't have HUGE animated movie gif files. Over at ASSEMbler forums, its a problem with a few posts. Especially when you get three or four replies with the same movie pic hogging all the bandwidth.

I ended up posting a thread with an advisory poll over there.


What, you're not down with watching 17 frames of generic japanese cartoon on endless loop?
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
User avatar
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4320
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by gtmtnbiker Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 pm

I remember a couple of posters having obnoxious signatures (flashing gifs). I just reported to the mod team and they took care of it. As Ack stated, they won't deal with it unless there is a complaint.
jjjarrett
8-bit
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by jjjarrett Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Ah. These aren't too hard to follow :3
User avatar
jfe2
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by jfe2 Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:21 pm

jjjarrett wrote:Ah. These aren't too hard to follow :3

Nope. :)

Just don't break any of the rules, lest you invoke the wrath of Niode. :twisted:
christopher85
24-bit
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by christopher85 Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 pm

I want to know why my post was deleted. It was a harmless post of the bad review of games and not even offensive. Please if you have any clue as to why please let me know. I hope this was not purposeful act but a mistake that Racketboy made.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7643
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines

by o.pwuaioc Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 pm

christopher85 wrote:I want to know why my post was deleted. It was a harmless post of the bad review of games and not even offensive. Please if you have any clue as to why please let me know. I hope this was not purposeful act but a mistake that Racketboy made.

viewtopic.php?p=487004#p487004

viewtopic.php?p=487029#p487029
Return to Sega

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests