Adventures of Batman and Robin

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
SpaceBooger

Adventures of Batman and Robin

Post by SpaceBooger »

This game is crazy hard. I got this game back in the 90's, but never beat it until today.
Wednesday I got a Game Genie for my Genesis.
Normally I am not one for cheating, but I never got past the second level (really level 1-2) before using the unlimited life code today.
I don't know how the developers ever thought someone would beat this game without cheating... I swear I used like 3 millions lives to beat the game. The second act of the second level was well over 15 minutes of SHUMP style action. I wasted at least 5 or more lives easily on each of the three consecutive bosses at the end of that level.
The difficultly of this game is ridiculous... and the bosses of each level are next to impossible without cheat codes. The Mad Hatter is a perfect example... I still don't know the pattern to his attacks, nor did I quite figure out how to dodge all of the playing card walls that come at you, but I did beat him because I had unlimited lives.

So has anyone beat this game legit?
Has anyone beat this game with cheat codes like me?
Am I crazy or is this the hardest Genesis game ever?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
latenitevacancy
64-bit

Re: Adventures of Batman and Robin

Post by latenitevacancy »

I remember playing it a lot as a kid, and never getting past the shmup part. I never realized how gruelingly hard it was until picking it up again recently, holy shit. I don't think I could ever beat it without cheats.
Oh, come on, don't leave your uncle T-Bag hangin'!
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

i also remember playing this game. O_O
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
izdead
32-bit

Post by izdead »

now I really wanna get this game an see how hard is :P
systems: SNES, NES, Sega Genisis, Sega CD, N64, PSone, XBOX, XBOX360 (RROD), GameBoy, GBA
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

That adventures of Batman & robin game was lot of fun compared to Batman Returns (sega Genesis) which was dam hard. I don't remember how far I got too, but I should play it again.
Last edited by benderx on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
latenitevacancy
64-bit

Post by latenitevacancy »

I tried to play the Genesis version of Batman Returns once (I actually own it, now that I think about it), but I hated it. Adventures is vastly superior.
Oh, come on, don't leave your uncle T-Bag hangin'!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I have a loose cart in my trade list for anyone itching to suffer. :lol:
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I remember playing this and it was definitely challenging. I did beat it after many attempts :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
superlarz
128-bit

Post by superlarz »

Me and my brother beat this a long, long time ago. We would only play 1 player and we would each play certain parts of the game that we had mastered. Every once in a while I will try to play this again and I cant get past the second level anymore.
owned: Atari VCS, Intellivision, ColecoVision, NES, NES2, Sega Master System, Turbografx-16, Genesis/Sega CD Model 1, Genesis/Sega CD Model 2/32x, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, GBA, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, PSone, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3
wanted: Cd-I, Neo Geo AES
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I can't get past the second level either.