SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Anyone still buy Dreamcast games?

by Mozgus Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:59 pm

Or do we all just pirate off of Underground Gamer? :lol:

Generally, if a particular DC game was downgraded in any way when it was pirated, I buy a legit copy without hesitation, unless it's just not worth the asking price. From there on, I still buy legit copies of the other games if I just feel like they are worthy. When I replace a pirated copy, I hand it off to friends to enjoy.

I've got a few of the upper tier rarities like Shenmue 2, Headhunter, Project Justice and such. Fortunately, the Dreamcast has so many fantastic games that were produced in wide supply, that you can be a poor ass like me and still build a great collection.

I nabbed 9 more hand-picked titles off of ebay for $39 (including the shipping).

Soul Reaver
Fur Fighters
Sega Bass Fishing 1
Vigilante 8
Speed Devils
NFL Blitz 2001
Virtual Fighter 3tb
Silver
San Francisco Rush 2049 (Scored for only 0.59 + $1!!!)

The last 4 should come tomorrow. The first five were complete with case and manual. For games which are missing either of those, I just give them new jewel cases, and print out new inserts and spin labels for them with a little google image search.

Hmm, just counted and I have 45 legit games so far, and about 110 pirated ones.

So what are your traits regarding your Dreamcast collections?
Last edited by Mozgus on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

by All Hail The New Flesh Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:25 pm

I tried ebay, but I always seemed to be outbidded everytime. I sometimes just go to my local pawn shop or EB games if they decide to sell them, and if I am lucky the bargain bin in Wal Mart
Vhaeos
8-bit

by Vhaeos Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:58 am

Back when I bought my second dreamcast, which was about 2 and a half years ago, I think. (I've since lost that Dreamcast, hope to get a new one, though.) The local EB was selling Dreamcast games for around 5-10$ each. I had Shenmue, EGG, and Jet Grind Radio. Assuming I can find deals like that again at some of the local trade shops, I'll probably pick up a few games. Especially if I can find Rez.
jemsic
24-bit

by jemsic Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:40 am

I still buy DC games. Pick them up on ebay one by one ;).

I've got quite a collection now. Maybe I'll make a list (not that anyone would care to read it :P).

Oh, and Vhaeos - Rez was only a Jap import on DC, so you most likely won't find it in stores.
Vhaeos
8-bit

by Vhaeos Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:26 am

jemsic wrote:Oh, and Vhaeos - Rez was only a Jap import on DC, so you most likely won't find it in stores.
Aw, that's too bad. I was wondering why I could only find Pal versions floating around. Thanks.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

by Pullmyfinger Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:09 pm

I'm with Mozgus, I buy games that have things removed from them, also games with big load times on CDr. But most of all, games that I really like
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:28 pm

jemsic wrote:Oh, and Vhaeos - Rez was only a Jap import on DC, so you most likely won't find it in stores.

It was released in Europe as well. And that's the version most people would want, for obvious reasons.
jemsic
24-bit

by jemsic Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:50 pm

I've only boughten one pal game - Shenmue II. But other than that, pal releases suck ass because the cases and artwork are usually terribly ugly.

I buy NTSC-U and J games.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:07 pm

jemsic wrote:I've only boughten one pal game - Shenmue II. But other than that, pal releases suck ass because the cases and artwork are usually terribly ugly.

I buy NTSC-U and J games.

Good for you, but you said that Rez was 'only' a Jap Import, so I had to correct you.
jemsic
24-bit

by jemsic Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:11 pm

I wasn't responding to you, just adding some more knowledge to the thread.
Return to Sega