SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
HyperBolt

How does all this sound for a retro Sega fan's collection?

by HyperBolt Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:59 pm

Heres the stuff I have collected over the years regarding games:

Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition
Super Street Fighter II The New Challengers
Sonic & Knuckles
NBA Live 95
Barkley Shut up And Jam!
NBA Jam
NHL 96
Wrestlemania the Arcade game

I also own a Sega Nomad with AC adaptor and the video jack device for playing on my TV. Also have the battery pack.

Sega 32X with these games

Doom
Virtua Fighter

Not to mention I have a Sega Saturn with these games:
Myst
Battle Arena Toshenden Remix
NBA Jam Extreme
NBA Live 97

Considering most of the games I own are sports titles, mostly the NBA games, excluding those how does all this fare up to be even considered a collection?
Zalphier
24-bit

by Zalphier Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:31 pm

Well, in legitness

Genesis:
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3(I have two of these, don't ask why)
Sonic & Knuckles
Landstalker
Shining in the Darkness

Saturn...lol, here goes:
Sonic 3d blast
Daytona USA
Virtua Fighter
Virtue Fighter 2
Sega Rally
NiGHTS
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
And games that don't have a case :)

I don't own a 32x yet, as I can't find one WITH hookups...

And I don't have a single legit Dreamcast game(that I know of...)

Of the systems I own

n64, currently I have two, the pikachu one, and one that is now just a board...It's for a project , playstation which works for me no more, dreamcast, saturn, Genesis...model 1. Yay for Headphone port! I dk how many other people found this useful, but I did, I'll add some pc speakers to it :)
I don't actually own any games for n64 or playstation, as I sold them. I didn't have an attachment to them, however, I kept the systems. This is of course, stuff previous of the current gen

Edit: After checking my saturn collection, I noticed I missed some games lol. But anything of importance, I'd have to say Pandemonium!. That game was pretty awesome, but not many have played it.
Saraph
64-bit

by Saraph Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:17 pm

Hmm. Well then! I'd like to own all the Sonic games but alas, I'll settle for a compilation CD.

Saturn:

Night's Into Dreams
Street Fighter Zero
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Zero 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Zero 2'
Street Fighter Zero 3
Street Fighter Collection (JP)
Street Fighter Collection (US)
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter

Dreamcast:

Marvel Vs. Capcom
Evolution
Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the Future

All saturn games are in mint - near mint condition.

I used to own a bunch of Capcom fighters for the Dreamcast until I got into a car accident. They were in the car and scattered everywhere I assume. I never saw them again. Luckily I found out I could burn games a few months later so I wasn't that heart broken. All the games I can probably get for under $30 on e-bay now anyways.
HyperBolt

by HyperBolt Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:19 pm

I'll exchange some of my genesis games for some of those saturn games, that is hypothetically speaking though, I bought my 32X within the past month on my birthday, got the genesis model 2 to replace my still working model 1 unit the 32x just looks nicer with the genesis 2 system.

But yeah you got a good set of Saturn games, mines lacking quality.
Zalphier
24-bit

by Zalphier Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:47 pm

I just need sonic 3d Blast to have the entire(sonic starring) genesis sonic collection, though I have it for the saturn, I still like to be a completest. After that, I just need cameo games, you know, like that wacky world game, basically, child activities with sonic and tails to guide you through. That game has been sitting in the play n trade store for ever since I've been here, lol. I'll be sure to get it next time, though no rush, it's going no where :/
Saturn is my favorite system, (atm, it may change when I finally get a ps2 this year, lol. Rpgasm :) )
And as such, I pay more attention to it when collecting for it.
Genesis, however, I have become more inclined to collect for it recently(I only bought the thing like, 3 or four days ago, I'll definatly be getting more games for it. Right now, I'm thinking of getting mortal kombat.
As for hookups, I'm looking for a 32x and CD, which opens up tons more gaming possibilities :) Once I get a 32x, I'll go on a 32x game collecting frenzy, I mean, the thing only had 36 game releases in the us. The ONLY game I haven't seen in RL on it, is spider man. Which I hear is rare :) Also, I've only ever seen Knuckles Chaotix a couple times in my life, so wish me luck :) (note: I have played knuckles chaotix through emulation, I don't see why people give it a hard time :/ I thought it was great. Though not as fast, it was still playable. And even more than that, It's graphics I thought were superb. (though it did heavily rely on special effects... zoom, scaling, rotation, the work)
Return to Sega