arion
Next-Gen

Sonic Fighters

by arion Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:04 pm

Found a emulator and a rom for this one :D

http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?sect ... &id=562676

for the rom

http://caesar.logiqx.com/php/emulator.p ... l2emulator

for the emulator (its not 100% perfect but playable nonetheless)

btw was sonic fighters ever released on a console ?
Zalphier
24-bit

by Zalphier Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Sonic Fighters was released on the gamecube with sonic gems collection, along with sonic cd, and some other games I can't remember right now. Sonic the Fighters plays near perfect on the gamecube. (sound is great, graphics are great, no slow down, the only problem is that you're playing on a gamecube of what used to be an arcade game, controls...)
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:31 pm

Zalphier wrote:Sonic Fighters was released on the gamecube with sonic gems collection, along with sonic cd, and some other games I can't remember right now. Sonic the Fighters plays near perfect on the gamecube. (sound is great, graphics are great, no slow down, the only problem is that you're playing on a gamecube of what used to be an arcade game, controls...)

Yup -- I can vouch for it as well.
Plays very well, but after playing it for a while you can see why it didn't make it out of the arcades....
baphomet_irl
128-bit

by baphomet_irl Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:45 pm

yeh i have it on GC - the gfx are very interesting IMO - really clean flat shaded polygons

they look like old professional flight simulators, and im pretty sure the arcade game was running on some form of Lockheed gfx card r sumthin - but yeh it does get boring...
Zalphier
24-bit

by Zalphier Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:58 pm

Even still though, I enjoy the game thoroughly, I'll look up on this emulator :)

edit:
ouch...looked at the screeny it had there, I hope it really doesn't look like that :( Because it looks much better on gamecube. Perhaps the gamecube version was an upgraded one? Anyway, I'll see to it how it plays.
Edit again:
Um, yeah, anyone know how to get this thing working? I put everything in the right directories but the files are still missing(yes, I have the rom)
metaleggman
128-bit

by metaleggman Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:22 pm

Zalphier wrote:Even still though, I enjoy the game thoroughly, I'll look up on this emulator :)

edit:
ouch...looked at the screeny it had there, I hope it really doesn't look like that :( Because it looks much better on gamecube. Perhaps the gamecube version was an upgraded one? Anyway, I'll see to it how it plays.
Edit again:
Um, yeah, anyone know how to get this thing working? I put everything in the right directories but the files are still missing(yes, I have the rom)
the reason the GCN version looks better is just because the emulator is more complete on the gamecube version.
arion
Next-Gen

by arion Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:00 pm

Zalphier wrote:Even still though, I enjoy the game thoroughly, I'll look up on this emulator :)

edit:
Edit again:

you have to create a folder named "roms" in the emulator folder..then it should be working.
Zalphier
24-bit

by Zalphier Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:24 pm

I did though lol. I'll try again I guess :P
chriswy27
8-bit

by chriswy27 Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:22 am

Same problem. All the files are in a directory within the emulator's main directory called "roms" and I even edited the config file to direct the emulator to look specificlay in that folder but no luck.
Return to Sega