Help please with a Saturn file....

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mcampellone
8-bit

Help please with a Saturn file....

Post by mcampellone »

Hey Guys!

I have a RAR file of Parodius, and I am encountering something I haven't seen before. Maybe someone can help shed some light on this for me??

The filename is Parodius(E).rar

When the file is extracted, you are left with two files as follows:

Parodius(E).bin - 444 MB
Parodius(E).cue - 1KB

Here are the contents of the cue file from Notepad:

FILE "PARODIUS (E).BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 48:52:70
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 00 49:04:11
INDEX 01 49:06:11

Now, when trying to burn using the Cue file in Nero, Nero reports that the size required for the burn is 4,531 MB !!??!!??

Do I need to make corrections to the cue file? Again, I am a total dumbass and I can really use the help, so if you see something here, please tell me! LOL...

Obviously, the Saturn does not play DVD media, so I am just an idiot who is missing something. Can someone please help to "open my eyes" LOL.... I would appreciate it!

I rarely use BIN/CUE files - - usually when burning, I use a combo of ISO and WAV files, so I have not seen this before, however in the past I never had a problem with BIN/CUE burns for Saturn...

Thanks very much, guys!

Mike
mcampellone
8-bit

UPDATE - it is a known issue with Nero...

Post by mcampellone »

Hey again, guys!

Well, I did some digging - - this is an issue with Nero. Some BIN files misreport their size requirements, and this error is specific to Nero.

I just opened the very same files (BIN/CUE) in Alcohol 120, and it burned without a hitch, AND with the right sizes! LOL

Thanks very much anyways! Have a great day,

Mike
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Well...bravo! :lol: