SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
metaleggman
128-bit

by metaleggman Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:55 pm

baphomet_irl wrote:
lordofduct wrote:legite copies are outrageousily priced. You'll pay atleast 100 US dollars if you're lucky. I've got a backup of it on my server... by this weekend the FTP site will be up and running.

YEY! Only be warned, there will be a cap on the upload speed. I'll probably give it around 80-100 kilobits/sec shared across all active users. So if you're the only guy on you'll get about 10-12 KBytes per/sec download speed (given no packet loss). hey I still have to be able to game online! In off times (I'll set a time schedule into the server) I'll up the upload speed to more like 400 kilobits, but that'll only be when I'm not home using it. The schedule will be included when I post it.

so when u say backup you mean like its a 'pure' one that should work with the cart?

if it is that would be very cool if i could download that man

:)
No such thing dude :cry:
See the Saturn discs are like PS2 discs in that factory made discs have special things written (well, the aren't written as they are technically molded, I think thats the best way to put it...) on the discs that can't be replicated by any current day CD burner. Technically I think the saturn games need tape to cover up this special area on the disc for them to burnt...Oh, and the screen gets chopped off purely because its a pal game. If you bought some US games it shouldn't do that, as I believe the Saturn PAL games are programmed to play at 50Hz...
baphomet_irl
128-bit

by baphomet_irl Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:24 pm

metaleggman wrote:
baphomet_irl wrote:
lordofduct wrote:legite copies are outrageousily priced. You'll pay atleast 100 US dollars if you're lucky. I've got a backup of it on my server... by this weekend the FTP site will be up and running.

YEY! Only be warned, there will be a cap on the upload speed. I'll probably give it around 80-100 kilobits/sec shared across all active users. So if you're the only guy on you'll get about 10-12 KBytes per/sec download speed (given no packet loss). hey I still have to be able to game online! In off times (I'll set a time schedule into the server) I'll up the upload speed to more like 400 kilobits, but that'll only be when I'm not home using it. The schedule will be included when I post it.

so when u say backup you mean like its a 'pure' one that should work with the cart?

if it is that would be very cool if i could download that man

:)
No such thing dude :cry:
See the Saturn discs are like PS2 discs in that factory made discs have special things written (well, the aren't written as they are technically molded, I think thats the best way to put it...) on the discs that can't be replicated by any current day CD burner. Technically I think the saturn games need tape to cover up this special area on the disc for them to burnt...Oh, and the screen gets chopped off purely because its a pal game. If you bought some US games it shouldn't do that, as I believe the Saturn PAL games are programmed to play at 50Hz...

cool thx for the info :)

so if i do actually buy Radiant Silvergun (which I am seriously considering :o )

if i play it in my 60hz modded one with the action replay cart it should work?
Zalphier
24-bit

by Zalphier Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:52 pm

Yes, it should work. Just pop it in and play from the AR screen thingy. :)
baphomet_irl
128-bit

by baphomet_irl Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:55 pm

Aceage :)
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:39 pm

Mozgus wrote:

I assume this will be going in the site's download section?

Most definately... very very soon. I'm spending tomorrow finishing up a lot of work on the server... I do have a few errands to run, but hopefully I'll jam this in.

And to baphomet: You should really think about getting a chip. The soldering is ace simple and I can even flip the A+B method to it before mailing it off so that all you do is plug it in and attach the power wire. You should first take a look at your saturn though to make sure that it is the right model.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
baphomet_irl
128-bit

by baphomet_irl Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:37 pm

lordofduct wrote:
Mozgus wrote:

I assume this will be going in the site's download section?

Most definately... very very soon. I'm spending tomorrow finishing up a lot of work on the server... I do have a few errands to run, but hopefully I'll jam this in.

And to baphomet: You should really think about getting a chip. The soldering is ace simple and I can even flip the A+B method to it before mailing it off so that all you do is plug it in and attach the power wire. You should first take a look at your saturn though to make sure that it is the right model.

cool I will thanks for all your help,

Ill have to ask my wife to go and find that solder soon :)
Turnerp561
8-bit

by Turnerp561 Fri May 11, 2007 12:08 pm

What is this AR thing? My model 1 Saturn won't boot my import. I'm using the cart Racketboy sells here? What up wit dat?!
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Fri May 11, 2007 1:07 pm

The cart Racketboy sales here is a RAM cart.

An AR 4 in 1 is an Action Replay (same thing as a gameshark). the 4 in 1 refers to the fact that it is a 1M and 4M RAM card, has backup memory, and is a gameshark code thingy. It also happens to be able to thwart region detection on legite games. No it does NOT get around the security ring, only region checking.

Turnerp561
8-bit

by Turnerp561 Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 pm

So the cart I bought from Racketboy won't allow me to play imports?
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Fri May 11, 2007 1:57 pm

nope

it allows you to play games that require more RAM. Usually its a lot of the Jap fighter games. He distinctly describes the capabilities of his cart in comparison to the AR 4in1s in the items description.

Return to Sega