SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Re: MegaDrive Swag

by Mod_Man_Extreme Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:29 am

eSPy wrote:sweet. not with my genesisses at the moment (have a model 1 and 2). since i got 2 i might as well do some mods on one of them to make it easier to play em.

Do it on whichever has the better audio (Model 1's up to revision V6 and 3/4 motherboard or TMEE modded Model 2's) and video ( Any Model 1 or 3/4 motherboard Model 2's).

Model 1's (Up to board revision V6) feature a perfectly tuned (Lacking slightly in Treble) audio circuit that creates a very rich and deep bass output, but have a crisp AV out with rich well blended colors (Albeit slightly muddled due to some mild interlace rainbowing.) but at least none of the awful lines from the Model 2 video are present. Model 2 Genesis's all have notorious video (Colored vertical lines across the screen.) and audio (Fuzzy audio with squeaks in place of high frequency FM channels.) problems unless they are 3/4 motherboard revisions which were produced from '95-'96.

A 32X will enhance your video quality by using the 32X's video encoder to produce a much sharper and colorful high quality image than any stock Genesis Model other than the late Model 3 units. Also If I'm correct the 32X's cart slot which is wider to accept 32X carts accepts MegaDrive carts without modification.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
eSPy
64-bit

by eSPy Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:40 am

wow! thanks for all the info mate! will be sure to come back here when im able to do anything with my systems, but right now they are half way round the world! lol
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:05 pm

eSPy wrote:wow! thanks for all the info mate! will be sure to come back here when im able to do anything with my systems, but right now they are half way round the world! lol

:lol: I've done a lot or research into the best models and revisions of Genesis/Mega Drive as while it's a great system some of Sega's cost cutting and miniaturization efforts worked against the system's benefits resulting in the bad audio and video in later Model 1's and early to middle Model 2's.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
eSPy
64-bit

by eSPy Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 pm

nice..
just going back to why i posted this originally, tried using www.tineye.com on some of my pictures and came up with results!

here is a full boxart of one of the games...still unsure of an english name:
http://www.emu999.net/upimg/allimg/071123/1459370.jpg
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:58 pm

eSPy wrote:nice..
just going back to why i posted this originally, tried using http://www.tineye.com on some of my pictures and came up with results!

here is a full boxart of one of the games...still unsure of an english name:
http://www.emu999.net/upimg/allimg/071123/1459370.jpg

Kujakuō 2: Geneijō / Mystic Defender
eSPy
64-bit

by eSPy Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
Kujakuō 2: Geneijō / Mystic Defender

cheers!
Return to Sega