SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
eSPy
64-bit

MegaDrive Swag

by eSPy Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Hey everyone.

2nd post here to show off some megadrive games i picked up recently at a second hand store. also got some famicom games which i posted in the nintendo thread.

If anyone knows more about them id love to hear about it. Pretty sure they are fake but thats cool with me. Not like i paid a fortune for them. also since i got them in canada it was a bit weird to get famicom and megadrive games anyways.

here is the gallery:
http://yfrog.com/5aimg0911sjx
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: MegaDrive Swag

by fastbilly1 Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:14 am

Phelios is obviously Phelios
Heavy Unit is Heavy Unit Mega Drive Special
I think the orange one is Ninja Burai Densetsu, but I am not sure.

The red one and one with green lettering I cannot help you with - the red one is really hard to read.

Sorry I could not be any real help with these.
NotBlaine
24-bit

by NotBlaine Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 am

The red one looks like a Tetris to me... look at the negative shapes in the wall and the onion-bulb buildings.

*edit*

Yup. Bootleg Tetris.
Jimmy Yakapucci
64-bit

by Jimmy Yakapucci Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:08 am

I was thinking that orange one was probably one of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games.

JY
eSPy
64-bit

by eSPy Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:06 pm

cheers for the help. i should have wrote down the obvious ones.
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
synapse
16-bit

by synapse Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:29 am

Only the Tetris-looking one seems bootleg to me :?
eSPy
64-bit

by eSPy Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:24 pm

also, just been looking around here and seeing alot of posts about modding your genesis to be multi region. Is this just so the visuals are perfect, because all i did to play these games on my north american model 2 genesis was remove the top so that the games would fit in properly. am i missing something here?
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Some games have English language settings, different features when played in a machine from another region and allows 100% compatibility with certain games that do utilize the region lock ability.

That or you could just widen the cart slot to play your MegaDrive titles in your NA Genesis without having to remove the tops or get a Genesis 3 which features a wider slot when in it's stock form making for it being a universally compatible Genesis/MegaDrive albeit minus the ability to utilize the Sega CD or 32X (Though the 32X can be made to work with the Genesis 3 via a modification.) add-ons.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Hobie-wan

by Hobie-wan Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:42 pm

For the most part you can cut the top, leave it off, or use a Game Genie as a pass through. Some games do detect region though. I have a Japanese Daisenpuu but it shows up as the US title screen of Twin Hawk when I play it. I also have a Japanese Rocket Knight Adventures I got with a bundle of other J games that doesn't work, but I don't think its actually dead.
eSPy
64-bit

by eSPy Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 am

sweet. not with my genesisses at the moment (have a model 1 and 2). since i got 2 i might as well do some mods on one of them to make it easier to play em.
Return to Sega