I think I broke gaming history

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
evildragon
8-bit

I think I broke gaming history

Post by evildragon »

I've noticed, that almost everybody, says the 32X mixes the audio in the 32X itself, however, I always felt this was wrong. Documents that are online always NEVER show the cartridge connector having an audio line.. Once again, I always felt this was wrong..

Couple of days ago, my suspicion kicked in big time.. My 32X was having crackly audio, but only when playing a 32X game, and only on the right channel.. I noticed too, that when using my headphones on the Genesis model 1's headphone port, I could hear that crackle too, along with the 32X's audio.. If everyone else was right, that shouldn't even be possible...

So, here I come with headphones grounded to the Genny, and I'm tapping every pin on the cartridge connector.. And that's where my heart skipped a beat.. I found out, that everyone was WRONG. The 32X does not mix the audio, the Genesis does! Pins B1 and B3 are AUDIO pins, and the 32X injects it's audio into the Genesis through those exact pins...

I even have an audio clip of pin B3, that I recorded on my iPod (reason it's not loud and it sounds tinny).. http://blackevilweredragon.spymac.com/GenB3.mp3
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Cue the epic music.
evildragon
8-bit

Post by evildragon »

Mozgus wrote:Cue the epic music.

This post was more of a confused/excited post.. I noticed no one else could figure out the pins, and I did...

I was just a TAD too excited :P