How is your Dreamcast gaming going on?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Retrozoa
64-bit

Re: How is your Dreamcast gaming going on?

Post by Retrozoa »

Can anyone tell me if this copy of Elemental Gimmick Gear is factory sealed? All the other games I bought from the guy had crappy resealed plastic, but this one had folded corners. Also, it was listed as new while all his other games were listed as preowned. It has a sticker on it, but it's on top of the plastic.

Current systems: Atari 2600[x2], NES(top loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS2 slim, xbox, xbox 360, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Pocket, Game boy SP[x2], Nintendo DS[x2], Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color, Neo Geo MVS.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

So...a little scared, saw a dreamcast with all the hookups and a few vmu's(I oughta see if they work XD). Even had powerstone already in it for 50, anything i should be worried about if I do get around to hooking it up? (I already had a few games beyond those from a random pickup at goodwill a few months back anyways too)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

The VMUs likely have dead batteries because they pretty much all do but they'll still save games like a normal memory card and the batteries can be replaced if you really need to for some reason.

The most likely thing that will be wrong with it is the laser will be shot in which case games just won't boot up.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

What is scary about that setup? Not sure why you wouldn't hook it up.

Seems like an ok price given Powerstone (although case-less) is probably $15ish for the disc.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

retrosportsgamer wrote:What is scary about that setup? Not sure why you wouldn't hook it up.

Seems like an ok price given Powerstone (although case-less) is probably $15ish for the disc.

1.) Sounds (from what I've seen on some of these pages that might prove a issue unless I can remember to close my mom's door when I'm home)
2.) Kinda hard to judge wether or not it's a decent deal
3.) Another system that has too small of a library on my shelves(that I will constantly debate which games to get though Arcadia is on the top of it for what I know about the library)

Though I'm honstly contemplating buying a new cord for it, it came with one of those stupid rf adapters and I really detest those with a passion(I'd love to go full component or see what the vga that I've seen some people talk about would do on it). Though I'd love to try out the powerstone I think I'll leave that one alone until I manage to beat QfC(or heck any of what may be my 5 DC games at this point)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I'd say you got a fair price. Not a steal but not ripped off either.

If the expense of collecting for it is a concern then, well, yeah that's a valid concern.
bacardipr05
64-bit

Post by bacardipr05 »

You actually good a decent deal. Powestone has been fetching a decent prize lately. Even if its disk only. You mentioned noise im assuming you mean the Drive noise? The Dreamcast can get a bit gnarly at times. Some units seem a bit more noisier than some and some games will cause the drive to be louder. Unless physically damaged im willing to bet the VMU's still work. Rf connection does suck. If you cant get VGA a S-Video connection isnt too shabby IMHO.
Curtsy when you walk by that Dreamcast
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Retrozoa wrote:Can anyone tell me if this copy of Elemental Gimmick Gear is factory sealed?

The other pictures look alright, but this one makes me think it's a reseal. I'm not that experienced in determining reseals from originals, I just think that this one looks resealed because it's, well, kinda shitty looking.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Well hooked it up and doesn't seem that bad on noise(just sounds like my old 98 pc we had at one point when it's cd drive was going off). Now to just figure out how to get it to show up on my vizio, until I get around to getting a new cable(kinda wanted to see what it would be like since I'm currently stuck on my qfc playthrough *sigh*)
My gameroom

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Retrozoa wrote:Can anyone tell me if this copy of Elemental Gimmick Gear is factory sealed? All the other games I bought from the guy had crappy resealed plastic, but this one had folded corners. Also, it was listed as new while all his other games were listed as preowned. It has a sticker on it, but it's on top of the plastic.

Maybe its a reseal, may not. Maybe the disc is defective or missing or a CDR inside. You will never know until twenty years later when you do finally open it and a replacement is hard to find. That game is not your 401k, open it and play it!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425